COVID-19 Preparedness & Response
COVID-19 Questions? Call Our Hotline:
Healthcare providers who suspect COVID-19 in a patient should immediately contact the Department of Public Health by calling
Updated Process for Announcing
COVID-19 Cases in South Health District
Due to the increasingly widespread activity of COVID-19 across the region and in an effort to avoid confusion and ensure that public health is providing the most consistent message possible, South Health District will no longer be posting twice daily updates of case counts.
South Health District will continue to post updates in the following circumstances:
- When we are notified of the first confirmed case in one of our counties, we will issue a press release to all media partners. We will also post that information onto the South Health District website and social media accounts.
- A situation arises that South Health District officials feel that it is necessary in the interest of public health and safety.
To receive the most recent total case counts for any county in Georgia, please refer to the Georgia Department of Public Health Daily Status Update map at https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report.
This map updates daily at noon and 7 p.m.
Local Press Releases
• First COVID-19 case confirmed in Lanier County (4/1/2020)
• First COVID-19 Related Death in Lowndes County (3/26/2020)
• Sick? Stay home! (3/26/2020)
• Social Distancing Critical to Slow COVID-19 Spread (3/20/2020)
Resources for Sick Individuals:
Healthcare Facility Resources:
Guidance for Retirement Communities/Independent Living:
Community/Faith Based Resources:
First Responder Resources:
Dialysis Facility Resources:
Correctional Facility Resources:
Guidance for those experiencing homelessness
- CDC Novel Coronavirus Web Page:
- Georgia Department of Public Health COVID-19 Web Page: