Lowndes CHD & Lark Park Clinic closed Aug. 24
Posted: August 23, 2020 by Courtney Sheeley
Update: Lowndes County Health Department reopened Tuesday, August 25 at 8 a.m. Lake Park Clinic will reopen Wednesday, August 26, for general services.
The Lowndes County Health Department General Clinic as well as Lake Park Clinic will be closed Monday, August 24, due to an employee testing positive for COVID-19. Patients will be contacted to reschedule appointments. A reopening date will be announced Monday afternoon.
Environmental Health services and the Lowndes COVID-19 testing site will remain open with normal operating hours. The Hypertension Clinic will conduct visits via telephone. All patients scheduled for a hypertension appointment for August 24 will be contacted directly by hypertension staff.
The risk of COVID-19 to patients of Lowndes County Health Department is low; however, anyone identified through case investigation will be contacted immediately. Employees of the health department identified through as close contacts will be required to quarantine for 14 days from their last date of exposure to the employee.
The best prevention measures for COVID-19 are:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Social distance as often as possible as well wearing a mask anytime in public.
For accurate and reliable information about COVID-19 visit southhealthdistrict.com/covid19, dph.georgia.gov or cdc.gov.