Breast and Cervical Cancer Program (BCCP)
Breast and Cervical Program (BCCP) formerly known as Breast Test and More (BTM) provides screening programs for women age 40-64 who are uninsured or under insured to detect early cancer and pre-cancers of the breast and cervix. This program lowers the death rate from breast and cervical cancer by early detection.
- Clinical Breast Exam
- Mammograms, if age 40 or over (referrals for mammograms are mode to local providers)
- Pelvic examinations
- Pap smears (if needed)
- In the event of positive or questionable findings, women are referred to local providers for follow up
Women’s Health Medicaid (WHM)
To help defray the cost of treatment of breast or cervical cancer, Women’s Health Medicaid can be obtained. Women’s Health Medicaid provides full coverage Medicaid for eligible women under age 65 who have breast and/or cervical cancer and need treatment.
Eligible Women Include:
- Women with an income at or below 200% of the federal poverty income guidelines
- Women who have no health insurance coverage and who are not otherwise eligible for Medicare or full coverage Medicaid
- U.S. citizens or aliens lawfully admitted to reside in the U.S. on a permanent basis.
For more information about BCCP services, Women’s Health Medicaid, or to make an appointment, contact your local health department. Contact information can be found by clicking here and clicking your local health department.